Katherine Rose Watson
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Dallas Author Carter Hopkins to Have First Book Signing
The author of The Lincoln Prophecy will sign copies of his thriller at the flagship Half Price Book on Sunday, May 28 from 1-3 pm.
Dallas, Texas – April 28, 2017 – Dallas author Carter Hopkins has been invited to sign copies of his debut novel, The Lincoln Prophecy, at the flagship Half Price Books (5803 E Northwest Hwy, Dallas, TX 75231) on Sunday, May 28 from 1-3 pm. “I’m excited to connect with the fans of [protagonist] Michael Riley,” says Hopkins. “I’ve loved every minute of speaking with local book clubs. Getting to be face to face with your readers is an incredible thing.
The three hundred and twenty-five-page fictional thriller is set in Dallas, Texas and follows Southern Methodist University professor Michael Riley as he stumbles upon a murder in Rockwall, Texas and suddenly finds himself wrapped up in a national cyber security threat. A reluctant hero, Riley works to solve the mystery of the murder while running from those who committed it.
Notable Dallas-Fort Worth locations seen in The Lincoln Prophecy are:
- Rockwall, TX – While running along a Rockwall canal out by San Martino Winery, Riley kicks off the thriller by accidentally stumbling upon a murder.
- SMU Central Fountain (in front of Dallas Hall) – The reader meets Amie Hawkins for the first time.
- Peggy Sue’s BBQ – Favorite lunch spot of Michael Riley and Amie Hawkins.
- SMU Law School, Storey Hall – Isaac, the antagonist, and Riley meet face to face and chase scene through building ensues. Riley uses the Legal Clinic as an escape route.
- Corner Bar – Riley waits for FBI and hides from Isaac.
- Lakeside Park, Highland Park – Riley and Amie hide by Turtle Creek and plan what to do after narrowly escaping Isaac.
- Greenville Avenue – chase scene where Riley and Amie hide out at Snuffers.
- SMU Boaz Hall – Amie and Riley use a computer lab to finally discover what Isaac and others are after.
- J. Erik Jonsson Central Library, Downtown Dallas – Amie and Riley access public computer network to see how far the virus has spread.
- G.W. Bush Presidential Library – Crucial scene where Riley meets up with FBI in the park behind the library and Isaac sets up across the street with a sniper rifle.
The Lincoln Prophecy is available at Amazon and Barnes and Noble for $12.99 and on Kindle for $3.99. Patrons can also purchase up a signed copy from the author himself at Half Price Books at the event on May 28, 2017. Those interested in having Hopkins speak at their book club or event can email him through his website: https://carterhopkinsbooks.com/contact/.
Carter Hopkins is available for interviews regarding this news. Contact Katherine Rose Watson (email@example.com, 972-489-7694) to coordinate.
ABOUT CARTER HOPKINS
Author Carter Hopkins works as an attorney for a cyber security firm. Hopkins was inspired to write his first novel, The Lincoln Prophecy, by real-life cyber security events and technology. An alumnus of Rockwall High School and Southern Methodist University, Hopkins knew Dallas-Fort Worth was the perfect backdrop for his thriller series. He lives in Dallas, Texas with his wife and two children and is currently working on his second novel. For more information, visit carterhopkinsbooks.com.
CONNECT WITH CARTER HOPKINS